Recruitment for the PSM program occurs throughout the year with new students admitted in Fall and Spring semesters. Students are encouraged to make a formal application at least two months in advance of the start of the semester to allow adequate time for application review.
Below are recommended dates of application:
- Fall: March 1
- Spring: November 1
Students must meet all Graduate College admission criteria or Graduate College admission criteria including english proficiency (Test of English as a Foreign Language - TOEFL - or equivalent) for non-native English speakers if applicable.
Applicants should also meet the following program-specific admission criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree in physics, chemistry or a related field* from a regionally-accredited institution. (*For example: Materials Science, Chemical or Electrical Engineering)
- An official ASU online graduate application.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work.
- A statement of purpose outlining your research interests and why you want to apply to the Professional Science Master's program.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s work and/or studies relevant to the program. When completing the application, applicants will list the email addresses of their recommenders. Once the application is submitted, referees will receive an email with instructions on how to submit letters. Referees will be using template
Graduate Record Examination scores are not required, but will be taken into consideration if submitted.
For questions or assistance, contact us at email@example.com. You may also consult a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).